I love teenagers.
I often hear people appreciating how young children bring a sense of wonder back into their lives.
Well, teenagers bring me many other precious reminders:
- To take myself and my feelings really, really seriously.
- To put myself first
- To fight for my right to live how I want
- To care a great deal about my friends
- To question authority
- To seek excitement
- To experiment with how I look
- To wonder who I am
- To take risks
- To sleep until I no longer feel tired
- To eat what I really fancy
- To court new friendships
- To test limits
- To act on impulse
- To learn by doing
- To go for what I want
- To wing it
- To giggle
- To try new things
- To contemplate life’s injustices
- To feel incensed by life’s injustices
- To believe that a better world is within our grasp
What do teenagers bring to your life?